The fourth annual Axio Learning Conference focuses on the future of online education & the special role Axio Learning can play. Join us in discussing the path forward.
Dr. Mark Milliron
Catalyze Learning International
Dr. Mark David Milliron is an award-winning leader, author, speaker, and consultant best known for exploring leadership development, future trends, learning strategies, and the human side of technology change. Mark works with universities, community colleges, K-12 schools, corporations, associations, and government agencies across the country and around the world.
He serves as Board Chair for the Institute for the Study of Knowledge Management in Education and as a Trustee for Western Governors University and Spruce Pine Montessori School. He is also the founder and CEO of the private consulting and service group, Catalyze Learning International (CLI). In addition, he serves on numerous corporate, nonprofit, and education boards and advisory groups; guest lectures for educational institutions nationally and internationally; and authors and moderates the Catalytic Conversations Blog.
Milliron is presenting in partnership with the Kansas State University Provost's Lecture Series.
- 24 September 2009
- Registration Open 8 a.m.
- Pre-Conference: Instructional Design Workshop 8:30 a.m.
- Pre-Conference: Video Workshop 8:30 a.m.
- IT Help Desk Open 9 a.m.
- Conference Welcome 9:45 a.m.
- Axio 5 Overview 10 a.m.
- Investigating ways to assess AXIO Learning Management Systems as blended/accelerated courses at Colby Community College: Part Two - Feasibility 10 a.m.
- Using Axio Survey for Teaching and Learning, Virtual Team Decision-making and Educational Research 11 a.m.
- Improving Student Retention: The K-State Online Holmes Method 11 a.m.
- Lunch Noon
- Open Forum 1 p.m.
- Tuned In, Turned On: the I-CARE System for Built-In Student Learning Satisfaction 3 p.m.
- Metaphors and Methodology: Bringing students into pedagogy 3 p.m.
- They Snooze, You Lose...Teaching tools to keep your students engaged 4 p.m.
- The Power of Less: Liberating the Prisoners of Time and Space Redux 4 p.m.
- 25 September 2009
- Registration Open 8:30 a.m.
- IT Help Desk Open 8:30 a.m.
- Value, Video, and Vision: Building your own shop 9:15 a.m.
- Service Learning and Student Centered Learning 9:15 a.m.
- Keynote - A New Generation of Learning: Diverse Students, Emerging Technologies, and a Sustainability Challenge 10:30 a.m.